I’d like to welcome Linda Bolton, author of Take 2 ( a contemporary romance) to my blog today.
Linda, what was the turning point in your life when you decided to start writing?
- I had an empty nest, time on my hands and an overactive imagination. I thought I better do something with it.
How old were you when you finished your first book?
- 49 years old
Do you have a set writing schedule or do you write when the fancy hits you?
- When I can fit it in. Working 50 hours a week and a few social obligations, I write around all that.
Do you plan on being a full time writer, or do you have other career plans?
- I’d love to write full time but because of my “day job” I write very part time right now.
Why would someone like your book(s)?
- They are strictly fantasy and fun, a great escape.
If you could change one thing about our world, what would it be and why?
- If I could change anything? I think it would be that children read more. I read a lot as a kid. I was encouraged to read at school and at home. I think kids are more involved with the internet and TV and don’t spend near enough time reading about life, love and happiness. Fiction or non-fiction. They see reality shows that are really not reality. Crazy people who make a lot of money being uneducated and doing crazy stuff. I worry libraries will close (we have see that here some). There are infinite worlds out there and many children are missing it.
What is the one thing, good or bad, you wish you could have said to a former boyfriend/girlfriend? Why didn’t you? Don’t worry he/she probably won’t read this.
- I actually found the ex-boyfriend on Facebook. We dated when I was seventeen for about three or four months. During that time he kept telling me I was too young. He was twenty-one. He would never tell me what he meant. When I found him recently I asked him. Funny, it had been so long he had no idea why he said that. Oh well…
After a difficult day what do you do to recuperate? Does it work?
- I call a girlfriend and vent. If it’s possible, we go to happy hour and vent! Yes, it works!
Do you enjoy hearing from your readers?
- Yes! Of course. I love to hear what they think of my stories and listen carefully to their feedback.
How can your readers connect with you online?
- They can find my book Take 2 on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Take-2-ebook/dp/B00ATPVW2Q
- I also have posted a few excepts on my blog – http://lindabolton.blogspot.com
- And, of course, you can always find me on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lindaboltonauthor